Every week, the Student Union offers an incredible opportunity for student organizations and vendors to showcase their organization or products to a wide array of the UCF population at our popular Market Day. Nowhere else on the UCF campus is there a greater opportunity to expose your organization or product to the thousands of students who traverse the Student Union each week.
From 9:00am – 5:00pm (8:00am – 9:00am setup) each Wednesday, students and vendors can reserve a ten-by-ten space on the Union’s outdoor patio, along with a table (6' x 30") and two chairs from which to promote their product or organization.
Although Market Days are held on an uncovered portion of the patio, organizations may bring their own tents by obtaining advance permission from the Event Services office. Please note that if your registered student organization wishes to use the patio tables for non-Market Day events, you must complete a patio space request form.
Reservations and Costs
When making Market Day requests, please be prepared to provide your organization’s name, address and contact info as well as the nature of your company or organization. Costs for Market Day reservations are as follows:
- $149.99 per day for vendors (including alumni)
- $200 per day for one of 8 designated prime locations (based on availability)
- $75 per day for currently enrolled UCF students (you must provide proof of enrollment)*
*Please note that discounted rates are exclusively for students who will sell their own goods and services, not for a company by which they are employed.
Market Day spaces are not confirmed until your reservation charges are paid in full via credit card (which we can process over phone) or company checks made payable to "UCF Student Union." Personal checks or cash cannot be accepted. The reservation price includes a complimentary daily Parking Pass (UCF students excluded).
Proper reservations must be made by completing the online request form or through the Event Services.
Market Day Policies
This list includes restrictions, insurance requirements, and other polices related to Market Day.
Certificate of Liability Insurance
Vendors may be subject to provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance with additional insured endorsement. The Market Day coordinator will inform you if this is required for your reservation. The University of Central Florida Board Of Trustees, University of Central Florida and the State of Florida must be listed as additionally insured during the time(s) of the event, including setup and breakdown. A copy of the certificate needs to be received by Student Union Event Services at least seven (7) days prior to the event. at least seven (7) days prior to the event.
Prohibited Items and Services
The following items and services are probitied from participating in Market Day:
- Housing vendors
- Credit Card vendors
- UCF Logo materials
- Books and Textbooks
- Restaurants directly competing with or selling the same product as our vendors
- Bars and Night clubs/any Happy Hour specials
- Tobacco Products
- Any services directly competing with Student Union vendors including, but not limited to, testing services (test, prep, and admissions), eye care, ticket sales, and select mobile services.
Prohibited Activities when Tabling
- Food or drink cannot be distributed without prior approval from Event Services
- Petitions cannot be signed or distributed during tabling
- Advertising for bars or alcohol is strictly prohibited
- RSOs shall not partner with any outside business when tabling
- Music is prohibited with the exception of those reserving the patio stage
Additional Tabling Policies
- RSOs must have a reservation with the Event Services office in order to table
- Only one table may be reserved per RSO
- RSOs must check in with the Patio Services staff before tabling
- Tables are chosen on a first come, first serve basis
- Tables are not to be moved
- Vendors/students must stay within their space while promoting services
- Cornerstone groups must make a reservation with Event Services in order to table